With the supply chain complications, many people worry about feeding their families. Still, it isn’t as bad as some people say. This week, I made Chilli and Rice for myself, perfect as a side dish or lunches.
- One pound Ground Beef
- Three Jalapeño Peppers
- Two Green Peppers
- One Can Crushed Tomatoes
- One Can Diced Tomatoes
- Two cans of red kidney beans
- One tablespoon of Olive Oil
- One Heaping Teaspoon of Flour
- One Cup Water
- One and a half Cups of Whole Grain White Rice
- Chilli Powder
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Plus
- Pour olive oil into Instapot
- Dice up Jalapeño Peppers
- Set Instapot to Sauté for 10 minutes
- Sauté peppers for 4 minutes
- Mix Ground beef into Peppers and Oil
- Once it is sufficiently brown, add spices into the ground beef and Peppers.
- Add 10 minutes for the Sauté.
- Pour in Crushed Tomatoes, mix remnants with water (1/2 can) and pour into mixture.
- Add more chilli powder and stir in.
- Pour in Diced Tomatoes.
- Add more chilli powder .
- Dice Green Pepper and add into mixture.
- Add Red Kidney Beans into the Chilli.
- Cover Instapot.
- Cancel Sauté.
- Set Pressure Cook 30 minutes.
- Nature Release
- After Pressure Cooker has finished, cook Rice in a rice cooker for 40 minutes.
- Once the Rice cooker finished the Rice, Uncover Instapot.
- Mix 1 cup water with flour, add to Chilli to thicken it.
- Add Rice to the mixture.
Storage – four Large Ziplock Containers – sixteen servings.
Keep two in the fridge and put two in the freezer. As you use one container, replace it with one in the freezer.
Put to serving spoons of Chilli in a small saucepan and cook on medium for 3 minutes to warm it up.